Sound deadening project stage 2

Dec 3, 2023
Montana
Stage 1 was the Gilman clutch, stage 2 is sound deadening foam the interior. Took seats out and covered everything with the foil foam first then the thicker stuff, tried to keep it all nice and tidy. I couldn’t justify $350 for floor mats so I made some out of $20 rugs from Home Depot and cut them to fit, turned out nice I think. Cab is definitely quieter but not like a Cadillac of course. Need to do the tunnel from underneath yet, I’m betting that will help as well. Pics tell the story:

Attachments

• IMG_7968.jpeg
    IMG_7968.jpeg
    413.1 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_8016.jpeg
    IMG_8016.jpeg
    412.2 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_8017.jpeg
    IMG_8017.jpeg
    457.6 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_8019.jpeg
    IMG_8019.jpeg
    316.6 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_8117.jpeg
    IMG_8117.jpeg
    363.4 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_8118.jpeg
    IMG_8118.jpeg
    367.8 KB · Views: 308
More pics

Attachments

• IMG_8119.jpeg
    IMG_8119.jpeg
    507.7 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_8120.jpeg
    IMG_8120.jpeg
    610.3 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_8121.jpeg
    IMG_8121.jpeg
    421.1 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_8122.jpeg
    IMG_8122.jpeg
    507.6 KB · Views: 347
Stage 1 was the Gilman clutch, stage 2 is sound deadening foam the interior. Took seats out and covered everything with the foil foam first then the thicker stuff, tried to keep it all nice and tidy. I couldn’t justify $350 for floor mats so I made some out of $20 rugs from Home Depot and cut them to fit, turned out nice I think. Cab is definitely quieter but not like a Cadillac of course. Need to do the tunnel from underneath yet, I’m betting that will help as well. Pics tell the story:
You are going to have to take the tunnel out and take it apart like I did. This entails tearing the dash apart as the tunnel will not come out until the lower dash is removed.
Tip: their are two screws in the front fender wells that you have to remove to get the lower dash out

How much quieter did you get it with tunnel sound deadening? I have a decimal meter that I have been testing different products before I put something on that doesn’t work . Right know I am 90 dc at 4500 rpm next to tunnel. Thanks RJ .

How much quieter did you get it with tunnel sound deadening? I have a decimal meter that I have been testing different products before I put something on that doesn’t work . Right know I am 90 dc at 4500 rpm next to tunnel. Thanks RJ .
I didn't check. I didn't insulate it for sound, insulated it for heat and cold. The majority of the sound that I can tell comes from the rear end.
From what I saw the sound deadening that did the best was what I put behind the seat and the rear firewall.
I did do an experiment where I covered the rear window up with half inch foam board. Didn't make any noticeable difference. Made floor mats for the floor, they didn't seem to help either.
The main thing that help with sound was installing the aftermarket assassins cruiser clutch kit because it lowered the RPMs

I placed the Siless sound barrier around the tunnel and also zip tied foam inside the tunnel. I did this from underneath by removing the skid plate though, not by taking the tunnel apart. It helped tremendously. I also removed the back side panels and put foam inside there too; if you have the ADV it stops a lot of box noise.

Added dynamat under the existing mat and dynadeck on top. Dis help some with the noise.

Attachments

• IMG_3745.jpeg
    IMG_3745.jpeg
    615.2 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_3746.jpeg
    IMG_3746.jpeg
    355.3 KB · Views: 244
All I can tell you is they should have ready by end of February. I will have one of first ones . We ride in higher elevations 6 to 13 . . Pro xp turbo is are other machine . Very spoiled by this machine . I

Attachments

• IMG_0518.png
    IMG_0518.png
    878.4 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_1905.jpeg
    IMG_1905.jpeg
    540.4 KB · Views: 236
Cool. I added a turbo I to a Pro R that I got from Boondocker. I reached out to them, and he said he could fab me one, so I will probably wait on that. I also talked to Force Turbo and he said they are close to a release. I added one of his first units to a General back in 2017 and then built the engine for a turbo, and it ran great.

Force . Pic is from first unit made . They are working out issues with tunes and clutching . Sort of why I am keeping low profile . I am sure if you call and talk to Bryce you can get one in production. I did opt for water cooled heat exchanger with its own pump and radiator.

Force . Pic is from first unit made . They are working out issues with tunes and clutching . Sort of why I am keeping low profile . I am sure if you call and talk to Bryce you can get one in production. I did opt for water cooled heat exchanger with its own pump and radiator.
Nice, where are you thinking, or are they designing, the heat exchanger, pump, and radiator to be installed? I have no past experience with aftermarket turbos but the unit could benefit from the extra horsepower and torque.

Back