Shifter Boot Alternatives - Air Leak, Cool air Winter, Hot air Summer, Dust in cabin

Take a look and what "dbeck18787" (search him), to see what I just did. It appears that he pulled the new boot through the shifter boot and tied it off. I did just that and I guess time will tell...

Take a look and what "dbeck18787" (search him), to see what I just did. It appears that he pulled the new boot through the shifter boot and tied it off. I did just that and I guess time will tell...
thanks muchly, I'll look into it.

This is mine and it works great. I stuck a piece of sound deadener material to a piece of Reflectix. Made it long enough that when you shift gears the hole stays covered. Poke a hole in it and slip it down over the gear shift. and pull it up tight against the console. Works great and with the dark side up you don't even notice it! Shiny side down of course to reflect the heat

shifterinsulation1.jpg

Attachments

• shifterinsulation2.jpg
    shifterinsulation2.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 273
I purchased this boot from Amazon and it arrived today. It's going to fit perfect with double sided tape at the bottom. It will cover PRNLH to the right of the shifter but no big deal as it can be read from the dash. It'll be an easy install and should make a big difference in the air coming through that area into the cab.
Qiilu Universal Shifter Boot Car Gear Shift Boot Cover PU Leather Gear Shift Knob Gaiter Boot Dustproof Cover Replacement for Corolla Amazon.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased this boot from Amazon and it arrived today. It's going to fit perfect with double sided tape at the bottom. It will cover PRNLH to the right of the shifter but no big deal as it can be read from the dash. It'll be an easy install and should make a big difference in the air coming through that area into the cab.
Qiilu Universal Shifter Boot Car Gear Shift Boot Cover PU Leather Gear Shift Knob Gaiter Boot Dustproof Cover Replacement for Corolla Amazon.com
Looks like a good alternative, thanks for posting, I need to check it out.

I found this in someone else comments. I have not put it on yet but it looks like it will work just fine. From Partzilla.
5418112 GROMMET-SHIFTER,SEALED (Polaris) $5.31
Have you installed this boot yet? Curious if it works or not. Please post a pic if you have any. Thanks

I have it. It is not an exact fit, but by pulling it through the original slot, then reinstalling the the original, it seals perfectly. I'm thinking I'll pull it back off and glue the booted one to the original one. It really does work very well. No cold air or dust.
The part number for the boot is...5418112 GROMMET-SHIFTER, and I got it from Partzilla for about $15.00 with shipping.

Just got mine but I’m trying figure do you need to come from bottom up or can you take handle off?

Last edited:
Looks good Jimbo. I'm guessing since you installed from the top the leather is just pushed down in the slot or did you somehow secure it on the inside of the console?

Back