Rear view cam shit to bed on me...

B B

Jun 7, 2023
Playing in the mud
Front is fine. Rear at first wouldn't come on then had a line across the screen and screen was black. Then it came back on after shutting off the machine a starting it up again, but the screen was red and very grainy. Already checked connections. Any suggestions?

Front
IMG_4557.jpg

Rear
IMG_4558.jpg

I wish they would remove all the writing and Polaris garbage on the screen so you can actually see stuff when you're backing up. Personally, I don't give a hoot how much gas I have or the temp outside when I'm in reverse. But Back to Topic :) , that def sounds like a connection issue. Maybe try to play with the connections behind the screen while the camera is on. See if you can make better or worse.

Reactions: B B
Another connection point is the bed harness. The tail/brake light harness plug has the camera wires in it too.
If you’ve done W. D. Electronics turn signal kit, it plugs in between the plugs for the bed at the left rear of the frame and I’ve had them push pins out of the plug before.

Reactions: B B
I checked as much wiring and connections as I could, to include WD plugs and still have the distorted screen. I'm going to try again, even though there's only so many things to try, but it does seem like it should be something simple that I'm not figuring out. Another trip to the dealer I DO NOT want to do. Figures, right before bow season opens :cautious:

Latest Discussions

Back