Oil Pan

WASdriver

Dec 5, 2023
Arizona
I took my xpedition into the dealer for its 500 mile service and discovered that my oil pan was leaking. The service department told me that my vehicle was the FOURTH xpedition in the past couple if months with this problem. My warranty covers the oil pan problem, but I might have to wait 21 days to deliver it. Anyone else have this issue? Should you have your service department check the oil pan - just in case?

this is definitely a known issue. Since the Xpedition launch there’s been several in my area including a couple of my friends machines with leaking oil pan gaskets. Polaris corporate seems to be taking care of affected machines as quickly as possible and dealers are getting faster at the repairs.
Most likely, Polaris has addressed the source of the problem, at engine assembly, but there’s probably still a bunch of engines with the issue that haven’t been discovered yet.

Ours was leaking from the left side near the stator so we dropped it off and they sealed that and found the pan was leaking and sealed that as well. They has resealed 2 pans the week prior.

Update: two weeks and still waiting for parts.
I like the Polaris Machines, but I continually have timing issues getting warranty items repaired. I had no issues with my 2019 Ranger. My first Ranger, a 2017, the motor blew up on my fifth day of ownership. It took nearly a month to get it back. The dealer faulted Polaris due to documentation requirements and then parts delivery. Is anyone else going through this headache, or are these delays happening only through my dealer?

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back