Limiting Straps for the front on 2024 XP Northstar

bigsky24

Mar 11, 2024
Montana
Am thinking the front sway bar is gonna go away. Has anyone done this and measurement for the straps. Just started thinking about in the shop while cutting 3/4 inch stall mats to fit the floorboards...XP 2 seater. Stuff is thick. Should help with the sound.

I just replaced the links on my rear sway bar with shocks and I'm really pleased with the results. The shocks have 2" of travel on each side, so I think it will be an improvement on trails. I left my front sway bar and links in place. Took it down the road and ran it up to a little over 70mph without any problems with the rear end getting squirrely.
If I'm figuring right, this should give me about 4" of articulation in the rear end and do a better job of keeping both rear wheels on the ground.
I'm not sure I'd want to alter the front end, as top heavy as these seem to be. I want all the stability I can get on the steering end.

I just replaced the links on my rear sway bar with shocks and I'm really pleased with the results. The shocks have 2" of travel on each side, so I think it will be an improvement on trails. I left my front sway bar and links in place. Took it down the road and ran it up to a little over 70mph without any problems with the rear end getting squirrely.
If I'm figuring right, this should give me about 4" of articulation in the rear end and do a better job of keeping both rear wheels on the ground.
I'm not sure I'd want to alter the front end, as top heavy as these seem to be. I want all the stability I can get on the steering end.
OK, you have my full attention. Have been doing rock crawling for a long time. Not in SXS, but in a 73 Fj40 that's built for rock crawling.
Shocks too replace the rear sway bar? Wow, that's a new one to me. It sounds like a real good idea.
What limits the shock travel? Where do ya get this stuff? And some pics to help out this old feeble mind.

I do like your thinking about leaving the front as is. Makes sense.

I do think I will keep the speed to around 55. Getting old sucks.

Awaiting more knowledge.

OK, you have my full attention. Have been doing rock crawling for a long time. Not in SXS, but in a 73 Fj40 that's built for rock crawling.
Shocks too replace the rear sway bar? Wow, that's a new one to me. It sounds like a real good idea.
What limits the shock travel? Where do ya get this stuff? And some pics to help out this old feeble mind.

I do like your thinking about leaving the front as is. Makes sense.

I do think I will keep the speed to around 55. Getting old sucks.

Awaiting more knowledge.
The rear sway bar is still in place. However, rather than rigid links, I now have shocks which will allow some articulation side to side.
Here is a video posted on YouTube by the fellow I copied for my ADV2 Northstar.
Here's another of his videos talking about his install.
Finally, this is where I first saw him talking about the idea.

Back