HD Bumper and 4500 lb Winch

browettm

Jul 3, 2023
Reno, NV
FYI for all, I was today years old when I learned you have to buy the 6000 lb winch since the 4500 lb one is not compatible with the HD Bumper.....I think.....anyone know?

FYI for all, I was today years old when I learned you have to buy the 6000 lb winch since the 4500 lb one is not compatible with the HD Bumper.....I think.....anyone know?
This is mine with the stock 4500# winch.
IMG_5234.jpeg

you don’t need to remove the winch at all to install the HD bumper. Just move a couple wire clips. The HD bumper comes with 2 different cover plates to cover whichever winch spot doesn’t get used.
If you do go with the 6000# high mount winch you have to replace the winch wiring and controller, which all come with the 6000# winch. The 6000# winch also comes with a wireless remote and controller. If you want to stay with the 4500# winch but want the wireless remote you can buy the controller and remote separately from Polaris for around $135 US

Thank you both for the replies! makes total sense now. May upgrade at a later time but it's nice to know I don't need to spend another grand at this point!

That bumper is definitely my next purchase. Thanks for the input cause the OP just turned me inside out for a second there 🤣

I have no intentions on upgrading to the 6000# winch, but I gotta ask is there really any reason to do so? Sure situation dictates, but what situation could occur that the 6000 will save ya and the 4500 won't?

That bumper is definitely my next purchase. Thanks for the input cause the OP just turned me inside out for a second there 🤣

I have no intentions on upgrading to the 6000# winch, but I gotta ask is there really any reason to do so? Sure situation dictates, but what situation could occur that the 6000 will save ya and the 4500 won't?
I’ve never seen or been in the situation that’d require the bigger winch. The Xpedition loaded completely out won’t ever hit even 4000# so I’m fine with the stock winch.

Latest Discussions

Back