Exhaust

SS1913

Dec 9, 2023
Indiana
I just purchased a new ADV Northstar 2 seat and am curious about exhaust options. All I currently see are Bikeman and Aftermarket Assassins. I have used them both on other units and leaning toward the Bikeman, but wanted to see if any other options are available or if anyone currently has one of these.

Thanks

I haven't had Bikeman or Aftermarket Assassins. On my Ranger NS, I ended up going to GGB, primarily because of the size, shape and placement of the muffler. It made it a whole lot easier servicing the transmission. The stock muffler was right in the way, and required using a long extension to remove and install the plug. It was always a pain to clean up the fluid afterwards. The GGB took care of that issue.

I contacted GGB back a few months ago and they told me they were waiting to get their hands on an Xpedition to do the R&D for a muffler. I'm waiting on them to release one. The Ranger muffler had a lot nicer tone than stock and wasn't really any louder.

Ended up with Bikeman. It is deeper than stock and looks good.

Attachments

• IMG_9536.jpeg
    IMG_9536.jpeg
    535.9 KB · Views: 108
I wound up ordering from HMF Racing and went with their single muffler. Ordered it blacked out and quiet vs. loud. I'm not sure, but think it's maybe the same or slightly louder than stock. However the tone is much lower and more throaty...a much better sound, IMO. They claim it offers a couple more HP, but I can't really tell. I've got a Gilomen tune and performance clutch kit. I took it out and never did really run it all the way out. But it still got up to about 77mph with 32" Carnivores on it. I'll never need any top end like that riding, but the torque is nice. Gets you there quickly.
Here is a YouTube they did showing the sound comparisons for each of their offerings. I opted for the Titan-QS slip-on. I also opted for their blacked-out version with a ceramic coating over the stainless.

Last edited:
The thing that concerns me about the stock muffler is it’s a cat. Sure hp is a plus but heat buildup I can do without. I like a nice looking exhaust too. For double the cost how much is worth it? I found that RPM powersports has a SS that’s only $399. looks and sounds decent. Also offers the same hp gains as HMF and others. Going to give it a try anyway.

Installed my RPM muffler today. Sounds about the same. Looks great! Might feel a little more responsive in the throttle. Expecting less heat with no cat to deal with. Shipping was very fast and packing was great
IMG_2352.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2354.jpeg
    IMG_2354.jpeg
    387.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Back