Compass & Ride Command issues

Dkchoper1

Sep 30, 2023
USA
Is anyone having issues with your compass and ride command system? I suspect I will be contacting the dealer for a few strange things going on

Compass quit working, no navigation at all, Intermittent turn signal operation (WD) dealer installed, It seems when I am streaming my sirius xm to the bluetooth when I decelerate I lose connection and have difficulty reconnecting, And when the Light bar on top is turned on in the FM radio mode it cuts the radio until the light is turned off.

Compass quit working, no navigation at all, Intermittent turn signal operation (WD) dealer installed, It seems when I am streaming my sirius xm to the bluetooth when I decelerate I lose connection and have difficulty reconnecting, And when the Light bar on top is turned on in the FM radio mode it cuts the radio until the light is turned off.
Wow....sounds like a bunch of terrible install issues! I have a WD kit on mine, Rigid lightbar, and have streamed and have none of these issues. Installed everything myself.

Have you checked the antenna connections / plugs? Also, when installing all the accessories you mentioned it is necessary to remove the ride command head unit entirely. I am wondering if they didn't get some of the antennas plugged back in completely / correctly. Those wires (I think) are likely insulated as well so I could see if things weren't plugged in correctly how the lightbar would interfere - LEDs have some pretty serious electronics in them and it wouldn't surprise me if those were interfering with unshielded FM and GPS antenna wires. My gut tells me they didn't get all the wiring plugged back into the head unit for the ride command and/or unplugged something under the hood, etc. I would check those connections and/or have them re-check their work.

Call WD maybe on the turn signals? They have awesome customer service and might be able to point you in the right direction but I am not sure why they would work intermittently.

As for the deceleration and loss of connectivity that's a really strange one but again, I wonder if it is actual loss of connection vs. loss of signal to speakers due to things not being plugged back in right.

Wow....sounds like a bunch of terrible install issues! I have a WD kit on mine, Rigid lightbar, and have streamed and have none of these issues. Installed everything myself.

Have you checked the antenna connections / plugs? Also, when installing all the accessories you mentioned it is necessary to remove the ride command head unit entirely. I am wondering if they didn't get some of the antennas plugged back in completely / correctly. Those wires (I think) are likely insulated as well so I could see if things weren't plugged in correctly how the lightbar would interfere - LEDs have some pretty serious electronics in them and it wouldn't surprise me if those were interfering with unshielded FM and GPS antenna wires. My gut tells me they didn't get all the wiring plugged back into the head unit for the ride command and/or unplugged something under the hood, etc. I would check those connections and/or have them re-check their work.

Call WD maybe on the turn signals? They have awesome customer service and might be able to point you in the right direction but I am not sure why they would work intermittently.

As for the deceleration and loss of connectivity that's a really strange one but again, I wonder if it is actual loss of connection vs. loss of signal to speakers due to things not being plugged back in right.
I have checked a few, I will just let the dealer deal with it. Thanks!!

I had an issue for several days with the navigation on my Ride Command. All other functions of the ride command worked properly, just nothing in navigation. It couldn’t find satellites and even the V2V wouldn’t connect.

I tried multiple resets on the unit and unplugged and plugged back in the gps/v2v antenna with no results.

I was about to call the dealer but figured I’d try one more thing. I re-ran the update on it. It was already on the latest update, but that seems to have fixed the problem. Navigation works now. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tat’s what I am going to try next but work keeps getting in the way,
What doesn’t make sense is that it was working.

Tat’s what I am going to try next but work keeps getting in the way,
What doesn’t make sense is that it was working.
Same. Mine had been working fine until I went to UTV Takeover. Started it the first morning and it just showed the last area I’d ridden and the compass part had the spinner saying “locating”

I installed these Amazon product ASIN B0757H1SBZ noise suppressors on the lightbar cable to remove the LED noise which seems to have corrected the lightbar issue. I put one on then two then three and it seems to work.

Back