Broke

Meg

Feb 13, 2024
Northeast Pennsylvania
Hello. New to this forum and wanted to make this post.
Purchased an expedition in October. Took dealer advice on installing a Gilman clutch after I complained about excessive noise. That helped a lot..
Ten days ago I took the machine back to the dealer because it quit. Just shut off. Turns over. Doesn’t start.
Just got off phone with the dealer for the third time. They have been in touch with Polaris and as of now, don’t know what the problem is. Losing a lot of riding time after paying big $$. What to do??

Hello Meg,

I'm broke also, now that I pulled the trigger on this machine.
Be patient, I'm sure Polaris will make it right as they have an outstanding reputation.

I had the same problem.....the 10 amp fuse for the fuel pump wouldn't seat properly. Messed with it for weeks and finally got it secure. Been fine for the last 900 miles. Good luck.

Just an update on my broke machine. Mechanic found broken cam shaft. Had a broken bolt and a loose one. Polaris is stepping up to the plate with approval of a new long block.
Second Time this machine has been in the shop. Faulty fuel pump the first time. But Thank You Polaris and TC Sports for resolving these problems.

Just another update on broke. Just got our machine back with new engine. Polaris and our dealer stepped up to the plate and we are well satisfied.
On another note does anyone have an opinion if the Gilman clutch or the factory “recall” clutch kit would be better or the same as far as reducing cab noise. Thanks for any input.

Just another update on broke. Just got our machine back with new engine. Polaris and our dealer stepped up to the plate and we are well satisfied.
On another note does anyone have an opinion if the Gilman clutch or the factory “recall” clutch kit would be better or the same as far as reducing cab noise. Thanks for any input.
I used the Aftermarket Assassin cruiser kit. It includes new primary and secondary springs, as well as a new helix and weights. If you go the Gilomen kit don't just get the weights, get the whole kit like my AA.. Nor would I get the Polaris kit with weights only.

Back