32" Carnivores, new window tint and plow.

4merMP

Jun 8, 2023
IN
m1911info.com
Had 3 great days on the trails at Hatfield McCoy last week. Got back and the dealer installed my new plow. The Carnivores and window tint is also new since I last posted pictures. What you can't see in the photos is the Gilomen ECU and clutch performance tune. It runs great. Very satisfied. Yeah, the noise in the cab is still louder than my Ranger NS was, but it is what is and I like it.
PXL-20231005-152906917.jpg

PXL-20231005-152922257.jpg

PXL-20231005-152939826.jpg

PXL-20231005-154854633.jpg

I like the look of that plow setup! Makes me want to do the same thing instead of using my tractor - the plows do a much smoother job. Agree with your thoughts as well. The capabilities and performance of the machine far exceeds that of my prior NS Ranger so much so that the negatives don’t make me regret my decision at all.

How did the clutch help your performance... what the feel in the throttle and traction.
The performance improved quite a bit. To get the performance in the Gilomen tune, I run in sport mode all the time on the trails. I like a responsive throttle. I had a Gilomen tune on my Ranger NS, too, and always ran in performance mode. The ASV will get up and go right off the line. I can get to the rev limiter in no time, but rarely do I have to on the twisty, curvytrails. I can get up 38-39mph in low, so that handles 99% of the trails we ride. Most of the time we're running somewhere between 20 and 30mph. Plenty of traction.

The techs at my SXS shop said run mine on 32s without a clutch kit first. With no change at first to see do you think I should go upgrade now...

The techs at my SXS shop said run mine on 32s without a clutch kit first. With no change at first to see do you think I should go upgrade now...
That sounds like the equivalent of your dentist telling you to eat more chewy candy… more work and sales for them. 😂
A clutch kit is worthwhile running just stock tires but even more important if you’re going to a bigger size. The heavier springs in the kit improve belt grip, improving belt life. If you’re not particularly looking to change rpm , they can be weighted to run the same as stock but larger tires put more stress on the entire drivetrain.

it seems wired that they did the side-to-side hydraulics but not the up and down as well. wonder if the ranger hydraulic up and down works with the plow?

Latest Discussions

Back